New Contact Person?
Find ACAT resources for transfer system Contact Persons
If you’re new to the role of Contact Person at your post-secondary institution, welcome to the Alberta Transfer System! Here are some definitions for Strategic and Operational Contact Persons, an overview of resources and supports provided by ACAT, and a few first steps to get you started.
Strategic Contact Person: A representative(s) from an Alberta Learner Pathways System (LPS) member institution that provides supervision and strategic decision making regarding their institution’s LPS data and use of related tools; learner pathways awareness within their institution and collaboration and coordination with other LPS institutions; and advice and input for the ACAT Secretariat and Advanced Education regarding the LPS, Alberta’s Transfer and Pathways System, and related learner pathways activities. Strategic CPs are commonly from the Registrar’s Office and are often in the role of Registrar and/or Associate or Assistant Registrar but may also be from other roles/areas.
Operational Contact Person: A representative(s) from an Alberta Learner Pathways System (LPS) member institution that directly manages their institution’s LPS data and use of related tools; collaboration and coordination activities regarding LPS data and information sharing within their own institution (including faculty and student advisors as relevant) and with other LPS institutions; and input for the ACAT Secretariat and Advanced Education regarding LPS operations and related learner pathways activities. Operational CPs are commonly from the Registrar’s Office but may also be from other areas.
Your Role as an Operational Contact Person
While your responsibilities as a Contact Person may vary depending on the post-secondary institution you represent, there are some common expectations for this role. As part of the definition provided, your job will include 5 primary responsibilities:
- Maintaining current, accurate data about your institution’s offerings in the Learner Pathways Catalog, using the appropriate Leaner Pathways System tools.
- Keeping ACAT apprised of any challenges or changes that arise, so we can help you find solutions.
- Attending annual Contact Persons meetings (if approved by your institution).
- Keep your institution informed about key updates and information from ACAT.
- Ensure Academic Advisors and other applicable staff at your institution have read-only access to the Catalog and its tools.
This ensures students and academic advisors are able to access the most current student mobility information when they visit our online tools.
ACAT Resources for Contact Persons
ACAT’s developed a number of resources to streamline your work and make it easier to access your colleagues in post-secondary institutions throughout the province. These include:
- Contact Persons listserv ACAT Secretariat staff will add you to, upon request
- A dedicated email you can use to contact ACAT with questions as they arise
- Secretariat staff who can help with in-person or virtual one-on-one training, and connect you with other Contact Persons who can mentor you
- Annual Contact Persons and articulation meetings, which are hands on events structured to help you meet colleagues and share ideas
More resources, including how-to guides and video tutorials for Learner Pathways System tools, are available on the Learner Pathways System page.
How to Access Learner Pathways System Tools
Before you can access Learner Pathways System tools, you will be assigned a one-time confirmation code for each LPS application that you will be using. You will also need a Basic MyAlberta Digital ID (MADI) associated with your work email. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to begin this process.
A confirmation code and a Basic MADI are needed to access all of ACAT’s Learner Pathways System tools:
- Learner Pathways Catalogue
- Contact Persons SharePoint
Suggested First Steps
Wondering where to start? Following these steps will help you get on track.
- Email email@example.com to request your confirmation codes.
- You will receive an email reply with your confirmation code(s) and tips for setting up your Basic MADI account for work purposes.
- Go through the Learner Pathways System training materials found here:
- Log into the Learner Pathways Catalog and check:
- Your institution’s data – is it current? Does it need updating?
- High school transitions information (IB/AP/Adult upgrading), if applicable to your institution.
- Run offering reports so you can review agreements stored in the system for your institution.
- Contact ACAT if you have any questions.
The Learner Pathways Catalog was developed to make it easier to keep your institution’s offerings and agreements current. The Transfer Credit Evaluation System (TCES) dashboard will show you all agreements in progress.
These tools were developed with contact persons' needs in mind, so please contact us if you have suggestions for improvement.